Thursday, January 10, 2013

tenth stone

I was reminded tonight of a special group of friends and how much they mean to me. Ever since I began writing and sharing my short-forms poetry online this group of international writers has been supportive and encouraging, not only to me but to the group as a whole. When I went through open heart surgery 14 months ago I could physically feel the love and good vibes coming from around the globe. Now, today, when I am feeling tired and old and empty-headed and storm weary they are here again to encourage me. If I had magic powers I would gather them all in a great hall and throw a party!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    I found a lot of inspiration through collabortaion last year. Working with a friend on a haiku or tanka sequence, or a rengay, or a haiga, really helped get me through some hard times. Even helped me get up in the morning when things were really bad, as I knew there'd be a haiku there waiting in my email inbox that I'd then be able to riff off.
    I would be honoured to collaborate with you in some way (haiku, tanka, haiga . . .) if you'd be up for it. Let me know if it's something you might be interested in exploring.
    Go well,
    Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kirsten. I've never done any real collaboration other than a few spur of the moment haiga. If we decided to do something together maybe you'd be willing to take the lead and help me along. I don't know much about renku or renga but maybe a haiku or tanka sequence?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm happy to take the lead, Kat, and I think a tanka sequence could be good. I have a tanka in the works at the moment that would be great as a starter. I'll message you through Facebook when I'm good to go and we can take it from there. Blessings! KC x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kirsten, I'm looking forward to this! :)
    Kat

    ReplyDelete