Saturday, April 6, 2013

Four Weeks of Ku-ish-ness

(Some with NaHaiWriMo prompts, some with only prompts from my mind)

2/26 closet
last spring’s rain ...
pulling its scent
from the back of the closet

2/27 garage
the scent of ganja
from beneath the garage door ...
summer breeze

2/28 kitchen
even in my dreams mother in the kitchen

3/1 gathering
recovery dance ...
piping plovers the first to return
to the beach

3/2 children’s book
slower now
at page turning yet still
this call of the wild

3/7 status
nervous stomach -
again the sea breaches
the dunes

3/8 line
morning commute -
the North Jersey Coast Line
whistles through the snow

3/10 erosion
battered soul ...
each new storm
remaps the coast

3/12
repeating
Our Fathers and Hail Marys
unable to sleep
I pray to those I have faith
will save me someday

3.14 pi
infinite boredom ...
his lecture on pi
irrational to me

3/17 sound
just before the alarm the deep silence of dawn

3/19
craving bodhi ...
I listen to the surfer talk
about why he surfs

3/19 shoes
waiting for Spring
the flip-flops lined up
by the door

3/21 learning
the clay in my hands shaped and reshaped

3/22
half here
half there
this half moon

3/23 glass
teaching me
the beauty of stillness ...
glass lake

3/26 key
cold night -
still one key on the ring
to an unknown lock

3/27 moon
worm moon -
is he planting seeds
in some other field

No comments:

Post a Comment